Beyond the Mordant Channel
- Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, 1st level, no races or classes restricted, all first party supplemental material and Unearthed Arcana permitted.
- Third-party/ homebrew material considered on a case-by-case basis
- Please develop character concepts appropriately. Your characters will be the first adventurers to set foot on the mysterious island. For them, there’s no going back (the campaign is about exploring the island, not hanging around the Empire).
- Please use the D&D Backgrounds system to create your character… well, background. It’s easier for me to keep track of that way, and make sure that your character goals receive attention and opportunity. Keep it simple, and we’ll evolve interesting details in play.
- Focus on characteristics and backgrounds with a forward-looking attention. Traits, ideals, bonds, flaws, etc. should have less to do with “back home in the Empire” and more to do with what you want to see emerge from the exploration campaign or ambitions the character plans to fulfill.
- Gods may or may not exist, but there are no shortage of powerful entities claiming to be gods, demigods, godlings, etc.
- Clerics do not operate in service to deities, but rather to divine phenomena (domains)
- 4d6 drop lowest or point buy